State Association Discounts
Thanks to a collaboration with certain state associations, individuals who are already members of those associations may now become members of NELA for a significantly reduced cost. When renewing membership in or joining the Massachusetts Library Association (MLA), New Hampshire Library Association (NHLA), Rhode Island Library Association (RILA), or Vermont Library Association (VLA) members may also, for a flat fee of $20 ($15 for students and trustees), become full members of NELA.
Discounts for Incoming and Retired Members
1. First year members are eligible for a $10 discount regardless of membership level.
2. Retirees can now join or renew for a flat rate of $100 for 10 years of membership – a 50% savings!
Member for A Member Program
Current members are our best source for finding new members who would benefit from all that NELA has to offer! Every time a new member joins NELA, we are made stronger. Each current member who recruits a new member is eligible for a special $10 “Thank You” coupon that can be used toward the following year’s membership or any NELA-sponsored conferences and workshops. There is no limit to the number of coupons you can earn.
To receive the coupon:
- Be sure the new member includes your name on the “Member-For-A-Member” line so that you can receive your $10 coupon.
- NELA will mail one to you each time an application with your name listed as the recruiter is processed.
- Send your coupon(s) in with your membership renewal or conference registration form and save!
Staples Advantage Plan
NELA members are eligible for discounts on a wide variety of office supply products through the Staples Advantage Plan. The discounts apply for all Staples brand products and many others, though not all items sold by Staples. For details, login and click on “Members Only Resources”.
To learn more, contact the Membership Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.