Why should you attend the 2013 NELA/MLA Annual Conference in Portland, ME?
- Excellent networking opportunities. Networking at the NELA Annual Conference allows a sharing of ideas and best practices throughout the field of librarianship, with a unique focus on New England libraries.
- “Connect. Engage Collaborate. Libraries as Community Partners.” NELA Annual Conference will provide opportunities to find out what is happening in libraries today and build future libraries that are transformational, adaptable, and play significant roles within their communities.
- Great exhibitors and vendors. NELA Annual Conference provides the opportunity to meet with exhibitors and vendors from across the country. Building personal relationships with vendors is important to position the library for negotiating best terms and pricing. There are also new product demonstrations, as well cost-effective innovations being shown during vendor demonstrations which enhance the librarian’s knowledge of what is available to them now and for the future.
- Knowledge is power! There are over 60 sessions this year to choose from! You can bring a benefit to your library from sharing what you learn at NELA Annual Conference and implementing one great idea or program.
- Cost effective. NELA Annual Conference is one of the lowest conference fees around! If you are a NELA member, there are substantial rate differences for the conference. If you are a NELA member, attend the whole conference and register early, the cost is less than $175/day, including meals & hotel!
- Location! Location! Location! Portland is a great city with lots of charm, great restaurants & pubs, very walkable and close to the harbor. Join us Saturday night for a harbor cruise (more details to come about special events).